Trosnoth - 1.16.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- New prettier explosions for grenade & shoxwave.
- Guns no longer run out after a time limit, but have limited ammo and a key to buy more ammo.
- Active guns can be cycled through using mouse wheel. This can be remapped.
- When a player dies, they keep a portion of their ammo for all guns.
- Added rail gun with long range and near-instant speed.
- Added piercing gun, with shots passing through players and one wall.
- Added mines which explode on enemy proximity.
- Added detonation beam which can be used to detonate mines from a distance.
- Added ‘Meandering Menage’ gun.
- New ‘Juggernaut’ scenario, where juggernaut gets extra health and one of the players who hit the juggernaut becomes the next juggernaut.
- New ‘Space Vampire’ scenario, with one vampire who’s invisible unless in dark enemy zones.
- New ‘Free Flow’ map which is very open, particularly for use in Orb Chase.
- Shop menu now shows the cost of upgrades.
- Added close button to shop menu.
- Hosted LAN games default to being named after the hosting player.
- Scenario winners are now visible for a period after the scenario ends.
- Zone letters are now assigned symmetrically on both sides of the map.
- Zone letters are now displayed offset from the orb, for readability.
- Elephant, vampire and juggernaut are now removed when a scenario ends.
- Scenario classes no longer need to be registered in as many places.
- LAN games now reset coins etc. when lobby phase is over.
- Server web interface now defaults to part 8000, with a command-line option to override this.
- Fixed a bug which prevented players remapping keys which were assigned to ‘unknown action’.
- Fixed a bug where stationary objects sometimes appeared to jiggle when you moved relative to them.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in several resyncs at the start of certain game scenarios.
- Removed inconsistently-enforced server constraint requiring all users to have different preferred nicks.
- Minor update to zone graphics.
- Minimap disruption is temporarily disabled until new team upgrades UI is completed.
- Improved logging in certain circumstances.
- Various other minor bug fixes.
- Home Page
- Github repo
Trosnoth 1.3.0 (unstable) — 2 Aug, 2010
Trosnoth 1.10.0 — 11 Nov, 2017
Trosnoth 1.12.0 — 27 Jan, 2018
Trosnoth 1.12.2 — 17 May, 2018
Trosnoth 1.14.0 — 13 Jun, 2019
Trosnoth 1.15.0a3 — 18 Nov, 2020
Trosnoth 1.15.0 — 22 Dec, 2020
Trosnoth 1.17.0 — 21 Sep, 2021
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!