Trosnoth - 1.4.1
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- Included achievement graphics in release package.
- Fixed spelling mistake in change log.
- Updated graphics.
- Zone tags are no longer permitted after the game is over.
- Grenade explosions now kill everything in their blast, rather than firing shots in all directions.
- Grenade can now be launched in any direction, and they bounce.
- If a long time has passed since the last zone tag, stars start appearing which can be collected to increase your star count.
- Updated physics: you can no longer fall through the floor at certain buggy map locations.
- Updated physics: if you press and hold jump while in the air, you will jump the moment you touch ground.
- Simplified mechanism for purchasing upgrades: you now select an upgrade with number keys, and press space bar to buy and use it.
- When you first join the game, your ghost is now placed closer to where there is action.
- Added a lobby mode between games, where players can vote on the settings for the next game.
- When connecting to a server in lobby mode, you automatically join the game.
- Players can change their nickname from the menu, but only during lobby mode.
- Added Trosnoth authentication servers - users can create accounts so that their statistics and achievements can be recorded against the unique player.
- Added achievements.
- Added some sounds (disabled by default).
- Changed default team names to Standardators and Defaulticons (from Blue Team and Red Team).
- Removed internet game discovery protocol in favour of games registering themselves with a central server.
- Disabled pirate theme (until such a time as bugs in the way themes work can be fixed)
- Various miscellaneous bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
lisajack 2020-02-12 02:34:22.518629Wow, very pretty article. This type of information will help many people like me to improve their knowledge. Visit this site https:www.lendaloan.com.au/home-loan-broker to get all type of home loan services.
alianaalisa 2020-02-22 14:14:30.309053I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! หวยออนไลน์
india medical visa 2020-02-12 10:58:46.705225Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. indian visa for us citizens
alianaalisa 2020-03-05 07:05:28.267780I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. visit our website