Trosnoth - 1.17.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Games list page now has a button which takes you directly to server settings screen.
- New ‘Solo rules’ game mode which makes solo games more balanced by awarding no money for kills and zone captures, having faster respawn and faster automatic money increment, and having the final zone vertically above its neighbour.
- Added server option to add extra bots in humans vs. machines games.
- Reintroduced team boosts, where team members can contribute to the same upgrades.
- Added a new ‘Threat Vision’ team boost which shows mines and the rough location of ninjas.
- You now keep your items when you pick up the Trosball.
- Double clicking on a game in the games list will now try to join it.
- Achievement banners are now slightly translucent.
- Some minor graphics tweaks.
- Updated upgrade menus and displays to match the order of the default hotkeys.
- Minor fixes to achievements.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!