Trosnoth - 1.11.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- Standard games now automatically add a bot to the game to keep teams even.
- Player movement is now based on momentum (retro mode can be activated from server).
- All players now have a grappling hook (activated using E key by default).
- Replaced shot sprites with laser blasts.
- Shots now originate from the gun muzzle rather than the player centre.
- Holding the jump key now makes you jump as soon as you touch the ground.
- When holding the drop key, ledges no longer slow you down.
- Adjustmented item costs.
- Reduced time delay before respawn for bomber upgrade.
- Added aim-assist for ricochet upgrade, and extended ricochet time limit.
- Added a server option that will auto-start games after a time limit, even if players have not selected 'ready'.
- Smoother player animations.
- Added option to disable blaster range circle.
- Server now accepts a command-line flag to run the game server on a different port.
- Games hosted by clients now start in a lobby instead of straight into a game.
- Fixed bug where ghosts could appear to have items.
- Fixed bugs when server calculated player scores.
- Fixed minor tracebacks.
- Refactored hit detection code.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
lisajack 2020-02-12 02:34:22.518629Wow, very pretty article. This type of information will help many people like me to improve their knowledge. Visit this site https:www.lendaloan.com.au/home-loan-broker to get all type of home loan services.
alianaalisa 2020-02-22 14:14:30.309053I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! หวยออนไลน์
india medical visa 2020-02-12 10:58:46.705225Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. indian visa for us citizens
alianaalisa 2020-03-05 07:05:28.267780I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post. visit our website