Trosnoth - 1.12.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Added indicator lights around orbs to show the ownership status of surrounding zones.
- Added box on minimap showing current view area.
- Added gauge to all ghosts to show how close they are to respawning.
- Adjusted item costs based on actual usage in a tournament.
- Display more timing info when timing info is enabled.
- Trosnoth server can now run multiple arenas, each of which runs in its own process. Clients have the option of which arena to join.
- Updates to server web interface, including admin controls to pause and resume games, reset to lobby, and enable/disable shooting and zone caps for each team.
- Added new levels: Cat Among Pigeons, Hunted, Free for All, Orb Chase.
- In the lobby, players can vote for the next level to play from the top menu.
- Spectators are no longer prompted to join the game every time the map resets.
- When joining a game, the join screen now only shows the teams allowed by the current level.
- Fixed and updated server game record displays, including updating player score calculation, and fixing record of player teams.
- Fixed Trosball bug where sometimes the ball would start with a player rather than starting in the centre.
- Fixed bug in chat display that caused issues after a player had received 100 chat messages.
- Fixed some bugs in bots.
- Updated logging to show asctime rather than milliseconds since startup.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!