Trosnoth - 1.5.1
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- New upgrades: machine gun, shoxwave, ninja. These replace the turret and phase shift upgrades.
- You can now tell what upgrades a player has by looking at them (e.g. players with machine gunner and shoxwave have a visibly different gun, player with minimap disruption wears a radar hat).
- New zone capture indicator on minimap: zones on minimap have coloured circle showing whether the zone can be captured or is in danger of capture.
- Players can now mark zones on the minimap to draw the attention of team-mates.
- Added practise mode (with bots) to menu.
- Authentication server lobby now adds bots players to the game up to a certain minimum number of total players.
- Authentication server now also runs a web server which displays player achievements.
- Initial work on "Trosnoth core", a web-based menu system for Trosnoth that integrates with the authentication server web site.
- When playing Trosnoth from the Trosnoth core, you now have the ability to add authentication servers other than the defaults.
- Console output is quieter: only errors are logged unless a debug flag is given.
- Some refactoring, including some efficiency gains.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
lisajack 2020-02-12 02:34:22.518629Wow, very pretty article. This type of information will help many people like me to improve their knowledge. Visit this site https:www.lendaloan.com.au/home-loan-broker to get all type of home loan services.
alianaalisa 2020-02-22 14:14:30.309053I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! หวยออนไลน์
india medical visa 2020-02-12 10:58:46.705225Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. indian visa for us citizens