Trosnoth - 1.5.1
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- New upgrades: machine gun, shoxwave, ninja. These replace the turret and phase shift upgrades.
- You can now tell what upgrades a player has by looking at them (e.g. players with machine gunner and shoxwave have a visibly different gun, player with minimap disruption wears a radar hat).
- New zone capture indicator on minimap: zones on minimap have coloured circle showing whether the zone can be captured or is in danger of capture.
- Players can now mark zones on the minimap to draw the attention of team-mates.
- Added practise mode (with bots) to menu.
- Authentication server lobby now adds bots players to the game up to a certain minimum number of total players.
- Authentication server now also runs a web server which displays player achievements.
- Initial work on "Trosnoth core", a web-based menu system for Trosnoth that integrates with the authentication server web site.
- When playing Trosnoth from the Trosnoth core, you now have the ability to add authentication servers other than the defaults.
- Console output is quieter: only errors are logged unless a debug flag is given.
- Some refactoring, including some efficiency gains.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
Sejuta QQ 2020-06-08 06:45:55.072820Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. Agen Domino99