Trosnoth - 1.1.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- Added new Trosnoth music.
- Game uses a new discovery protocol to detect games over the Internet and LAN.
- Extensive changes to network protocol.
- New ricochet upgrade.
- Ghosts can no longer enter out-of-bound zones.
- Ghost speed now varies based on mouse position.
- Web link to how to play on first page.
- Web link to more info when UDP does not work.
- More game statistics are saved.
- Replay and game statistics files merged into a single file.
- Various improvements to user interface.
- Various bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!