Trosnoth - 1.13.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Rewrote collision detection system to use separating axis theorem. This eliminates the possibility of falling through walls.
- Improved grappling hook---you can now swing on it, and it has a nicer feel.
- Grappling hook is now the default action for right mouse button.
- Overhauled bot pathfinding so that bots can use momentum-based physics and grappling hook.
- Removed some map sections which were hard to get around and simplified others.
- Players can now hold on to the roof, and shoot while holding the walls or roof.
- Orbs now spin.
- Added taunts / emotes.
- Using trajectory assistance while a ghost now shows trajectory for firing as soon as player respawns.
- When using ninja, added a radial indicator around orbs to show how close player can get before coming visible.
- Increased player terminal velocity, and grenade velocity.
- Windows EXE and installer are now signed, thanks to pygame.org artist in residence grant money.
- Added server support for grouping matches together into tournaments and showing some aggregated statistics and leader boards.
- Moved some server command-line options to database or configuration file.
- Moved some insecure hard-coded server settings into configuration file.
- Server now opens web interface as admin user unless run with --no-browser command-line option.
- Server now runs bots in a separate process to improve server responsiveness.
- Made minor improvements to server web interface.
- Trosball no longer starts inside a wall.
- Trosball games can no longer go on forever.
- Fixed Trosball bug where front line no longer appeared to be moving with the ball.
- Fixed bug where topmost zones would show upwards indicator lights.
- Fixed bug in server record of player zone scores.
- Fixed traceback triggered in observer/replay mode when viewing an invisible player.
- Made Trosnoth still work on display systems with odd bit depths.
- Trosnoth now works on machines with no sound subsystem.
- Fixed bug where, when run with some builds of pygame, music would stop after the first piece.
- Migrated codebase to Python 3 and Django 2.
- Removed murmur/mumble integration as nobody is using it.
- Removed some unused code.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!