Trosnoth - 1.18.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Improved how quickly clients catch up with the server after lag spikes, as frequently occur during internet games
- Improved support for 2k and 4k monitors, by adding an upscaling display setting
- Increased mine cost to $200
- Detonation beam is now quicker and shows a progress bar when fired at a mine
- Threat Vision now lasts 90 seconds (up from 60)
- Bomber explosion now uses particle effects to visually distinguish it from explosions which hurt other players
- Tutorials now have a ‘hard mode’ which sets all bots to highest difficulty
- Target cost of selected upgrade is now visible above the progress bar
- Added animation for the case when a player tries to respawn but the zone has changed hands before the message reaches the server
- Gun slots 1–4 now have hotkeys
- Guns you can't yet afford can still be queued from the shop, like with items
- Some UI tweaks to gun, item and achievement displays
- Mouse cursor is sharper (and can be overridden by a .png file in the user theme directory)
- Added hotkey to toggle fullscreen mode
- Added option to keep mouse inside game window while the game has focus
- Fixed UI bug which caused part of the heads-up display to vanish when 'next team boost' key was pressed when there were no active team boosts
- 'Pause' button (local games only) can now be remapped
- Fixed broken 'spectate' button
- Fixed bug where a malicious actor on the network could change other player nicks and hats during lobby mode
- You can no longer buy weapons (such as Meandering Menace) during Orb Chase
- Fixed bug in Orb Chase where ghosts could tag the orbs
- In tutorials, idle ghosts are no longer booted
- RangerBot is now more selective about when to use Bomber
- RangerBot can now cancel Bomber if it decides it's no longer relevant
- Fixed some bugs in server web interface
- Server game pages now show tournament scores for solo matches
- Server now has a restart option in the admin web interface
- Admin users now have access to server logs through web interface
- Server now has a setting for key-based SSH access to debugging manhole
- Various fixes for other bugs and corner cases
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!