Trosnoth - 1.6.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Grenades are now colour-coded according to team
- Adjusted upgrade costs to balance game.
- New in-game chat interface.
- Added a "Game Over" game phase when you can hunt rabbits without bots getting in the way.
- New and updated achievements.
- Respawn gauge now shows countdown to game start.
- Rogue shots now look more like ye olde Trosnothe shottes.
- Server now has an XMPP bot that can notify people of running games.
- Replaced "Play Special" menu with "Server Settings".
- Added ability to change user password on authentication server.
- Added ability to select tournament mode if server supports it.
- Fixed bug where stars and grenades did not always appear in the correct place on all clients.
- Game no longer crashes on computers with no audio devices
- Various bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!