Trosnoth - 1.11.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Standard games now automatically add a bot to the game to keep teams even.
- Player movement is now based on momentum (retro mode can be activated from server).
- All players now have a grappling hook (activated using E key by default).
- Replaced shot sprites with laser blasts.
- Shots now originate from the gun muzzle rather than the player centre.
- Holding the jump key now makes you jump as soon as you touch the ground.
- When holding the drop key, ledges no longer slow you down.
- Adjustmented item costs.
- Reduced time delay before respawn for bomber upgrade.
- Added aim-assist for ricochet upgrade, and extended ricochet time limit.
- Added a server option that will auto-start games after a time limit, even if players have not selected 'ready'.
- Smoother player animations.
- Added option to disable blaster range circle.
- Server now accepts a command-line flag to run the game server on a different port.
- Games hosted by clients now start in a lobby instead of straight into a game.
- Fixed bug where ghosts could appear to have items.
- Fixed bugs when server calculated player scores.
- Fixed minor tracebacks.
- Refactored hit detection code.
- Home Page
- Github repo
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!