Trosnoth - 1.15.1
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Added a server option for requiring all players to select ‘Ready’ before starting a game instead of 70% of players. This is useful for tournament matches.
- Added a server option to select what kind of bot is used for balance bot and in Humans vs. Machines games.
- If no bot type is selected for a Humans vs. Machines game, SilverBot is now used for Trosnoth matches played on a Regulation 1v1 map.
- The list of available games now only allows 2 seconds to resolve DNS names for trusted servers. This means discovered LAN servers often appear sooner.
- Moved ‘Regulation Standard’ map type to the top of the selection list whenever it’s available.
- Fixed server bug where the location of replays was not correctly stored and displayed.
- Fixed bug where missing stationary points in the pathfinding database could result in server and clients getting out of sync.
- Fixed concurrency issue when displaying messages like ‘Joining game…’ which sometimes resulted in the wrong message being briefly shown.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!