Trosnoth - 1.14.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Added selectable hats / hairstyles.
- Fixed bug where ghosts could have a grappling hook.
- Orbs no longer keep spinning when the game is paused.
- Bots in Hunted scenario now occasionally check and retarget towards closer players or players with higher scores.
- Fixed bug where players could taunt while holding the roof and not fall off.
- Server web interface is now easier to use with all configuration options accessible from web interface.
- When possible the server now broadcasts its existence on the LAN, simplifying connecting to a server for LAN play.
- The elephant's name is now configurable on the server.
- Fixed bug which allowed a previous scenario to continue running its triggers after a new scenario had been started from server web interface / manhole.
- Fixed server web interface bug which resulted in achievements not being shown on player profiles.
- When server is run, web interface is now automatically opened logged in as an admin user (unless a command-line flag is given disabling this.)
- Fixed server bug where, if the bot process had to be restarted, the new bot process was never told how to connect to the main arena process.
- Fixed user interface bug related to Python 2 to 3 migration.
- Fixed deprecation and resource warnings.
- Camp-specific settings such as insecure login are now accessible as options rather than needing a separate branch.
- Removed the need for a separate server branch in the repository.
- Created server distributable using PyInstaller.
- Added requirements file and instructions for running in a virtualenv.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!