Trosnoth - 1.4.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Updated graphics.
- Zone tags are no longer permitted after the game is over.
- Grenade explosions now kill everything in their blast, rather than firing shots in all directions.
- Grenade can now be launched in any direction, and they bounce.
- If a long time has passed since the last zone tag, stars start appearing which can be collected to increase your star count.
- Updated physics: you can no longer fall through the floor at certain buggy map locations.
- Updated physics: if you press and hold jump while in the air, you will jump the moment you touch ground.
- Simplified mechanism for purchasing upgrades: you now select an upgrade with number keys, and press space bar to buy and use it.
- When you first join the game, your ghost is now placed closer to where there is action.
- Added a lobby mode between games, where players can vote on the settings for the next game.
- When connecting to a server in lobby mode, you automatically join the game.
- Players can change their nickname from the menu, but only during lobby mode.
- Added Trosnoth authentication servers - users can create accounts so that their statistics and achievements can be recorded against the unique player.
- Added achievements.
- Added some sounds (disabled by default).
- Changed default team names to Standardators and Defaulticons (from Blue Team and Red Team).
- Removed internet game discovery protocol in favour of games registering themselves with a central server.
- Disabled pirate theme (until such a time as bugs in the way themes work can be fixed)
- Various miscellaneous bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!