Trosnoth - 1.4.1
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- Included achievement graphics in release package.
- Fixed spelling mistake in change log.
- Updated graphics.
- Zone tags are no longer permitted after the game is over.
- Grenade explosions now kill everything in their blast, rather than firing shots in all directions.
- Grenade can now be launched in any direction, and they bounce.
- If a long time has passed since the last zone tag, stars start appearing which can be collected to increase your star count.
- Updated physics: you can no longer fall through the floor at certain buggy map locations.
- Updated physics: if you press and hold jump while in the air, you will jump the moment you touch ground.
- Simplified mechanism for purchasing upgrades: you now select an upgrade with number keys, and press space bar to buy and use it.
- When you first join the game, your ghost is now placed closer to where there is action.
- Added a lobby mode between games, where players can vote on the settings for the next game.
- When connecting to a server in lobby mode, you automatically join the game.
- Players can change their nickname from the menu, but only during lobby mode.
- Added Trosnoth authentication servers - users can create accounts so that their statistics and achievements can be recorded against the unique player.
- Added achievements.
- Added some sounds (disabled by default).
- Changed default team names to Standardators and Defaulticons (from Blue Team and Red Team).
- Removed internet game discovery protocol in favour of games registering themselves with a central server.
- Disabled pirate theme (until such a time as bugs in the way themes work can be fixed)
- Various miscellaneous bug fixes.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
lisajack 2020-02-12 02:34:22.518629Wow, very pretty article. This type of information will help many people like me to improve their knowledge. Visit this site https:www.lendaloan.com.au/home-loan-broker to get all type of home loan services.
alianaalisa 2020-02-22 14:14:30.309053I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading. I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well! หวยออนไลน์
india medical visa 2020-02-12 10:58:46.705225Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. indian visa for us citizens