Trosnoth - 1.8.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- New ranger bot that can do path finding
- Hold right mouse to show trajectory for grenade and Trosball
- Added collapsible "mission objectives" panel
- Improved frame rate
- Added zone letters to minimap display
- Minor rule changes: stars are no longer colour coded and neutralised zones are easier to recapture
- Added smoothing and lag calculation for players on slow connections
- Game no longer captures mouse in full-screen mode
- Fixed many glitches
- Increased graphics scale
- Larger viewing area allowed, with weapon range indicator
- Added graphic detail setting
- Main window can now be resized by dragging window border or maximising
- Some graphics updates
- Added a few achievements
- Added option to show frame rate and round trip time to server
- Replay format has changed and is incompatible with old replays
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!