Join us for the 41st Ludum Dare! Our first event of 2018! Let's all get together for two days, and do something fun. "Real artists ship.", so let's do that.
Ludum Dare is a regular community driven game development jam. The goal is, given a theme and 48 hours, to develop a game from scratch. Ludum Dare aims to encourage game design experimentation, and provide a platform to develop and practice rapid game prototyping. We all gather at once to do something exciting, and push each other forward.
You can start suggesting themes now, and get involved. Saturday April 21st to Tuesday April 24th, 2018 -- see the website for the exact time in your timezone.
- Ludum Dare 41 - the super awesome website, refresh hourly
- news - for the latest updates on the event.
- hosting guide
- pygame discord server - for help during the competition.
- pygame.org/wiki is filled up with tutorials, game resources, distribution advice and the CookBook with all the recipes you'll need.
A very special thanks to the people who have volunteered commits to pygame since the last release. In alphabetical order...
Adam Di Carlo (adicarlo) | Christian Bender (christianbender) | Don Kirkby (donkirkby) | endolith (endolith) | hjpotter92 (hjpotter92) | Ian Mallett (imallett) | Lenard Lindstrom (llindstrom) | Mathias Weber (mweb) | Raymon Skjørten Hansen (raymonshansen) | René Dudfield (illume) | Stefan Bethge (kjyv) | Stuart Axon (stuaxo) | Thomas Kluyver (takluyver)
You can find more details in "A fun week working on pygame stuff.", along with information about recent pygame development.
Check out these PyWeek #24 entries:
PySDL2 is a slim wrapper around the SDL2 libraries and can be used without further ado using Python and a binary distribution of the SDL2 libraries.
The following changes have been made in version 0.9.6:
- updated sdl2 to include the latest changes of SDL2 (release 2.0.6)
- fixed issue #98: wrap sdl2.SDL_GetHintBoolean() correctly
- fixed issue #99: wrap sdl2.sdlmixer.Mix_PausedMusic() correctly
- fixed issue #104: sdl2.ext.Resources.scan() shows the correct path on errors now
- fixed issue #106: fix TextureSprite.__repr__() for an unset center property
- fixed some minor GC issues in sdl2.ext.sprite and sdl2.ext.font
- fixed the __getattr__ implementation for sdl2.ext.ebs.Entity
- fixed background colour handling for multiline text surfaces
PyWeek #24 has been announced. The PyWeek challenge:
- Invites entrants to write a game in one week from scratch, either as an individual or in a team,
- Is intended to be challenging and fun,
- Will hopefully increase the public body of game tools, code and expertise,
- Will let a lot of people actually finish a game, and
- May inspire new projects (with ready-made teams!)
|Friday, 15 September 2017||Pre-registration open|
|Sunday, 8 October 2017||Theme voting commences|
|Sunday, 15 October 2017 at 00:00 UTC||Challenge start|
|Sunday, 22 October 2017 at 00:00 UTC||Challenge end, judging begins|
|Sunday, 5 November 2017||Judging closes, winners announced|
More info: Rules | Resources | Help