Trosnoth - 1.3.0 (unstable)
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived many years ago by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that was low-cost, team-based, involved strategy, and was easy to teach.
- Simplified process to buy upgrades—it now takes a single key-stroke to purchase and use an upgrade rather than three to buy plus one more to use it.
- If you die when you've got an active grenade, the grenade no longer vanishes.
- Ghost respawn time no longer depends on the distance moved.
- Added an in-game python console which can be activated by pressing F9 by default.
- Major changes to internals and network protocol: all events are now validated server-side (previously only some were), and client and server use the same data structures.
- Updated minimap colours slightly to make it easier to see red players in their own zones on the minimap.
- Remaining known issue: replays and statistics do not currently work.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!