Trosnoth - 1.9.0
Free side-scrolling team action game.
J. D. Bartlett
The Trosnoth idea was conceived by a bunch of Übertweak leaders who were looking for another network game to play on camp that:
- was low-cost;
- was team-based;
- involved strategy;
- was easy to teach.
- New bot API, including the ability to dodge bullets.
- Improvements to ranger bot, including a change to help avoid all rangers being perfectly in sync with one another.
- Ranger bots now buy themselves shields.
- Fixed bugs in "Fight to the Death" and "Bouncy Flag" achievements.
- Reduced time that "Loading..." screen is displayed.
- Added humans vs. machines game mode.
- If there's an error loading a custom bot file, the whole game no longer crashes.
- Fixed trosball bug where player would pass the ball to themselves.
- Two new server-activated game modes: FiveHealth and TenHealth.
- Removed default team size restrictions.
- Added new standard map size, "Large", with new calculations for how blocked the map should be, based on map size.
- When using the bomber upgrade, the interface now deselects it afterwards so that you don't accidentally buy it again later.
- Added basic pause/resume mechanism for single player games.
- Fixed bug with replay viewing.
- Fixed bug with player resyncing.
- Made the default bots easier to defeat.
- Introduced basic API for writing custom levels, but no way to yet access this from the user interface.
Pygame.org account Comments
John Board 2011-12-26 09:19:24
Hi, this is the first post that I have posted on pygame.org.
I am a developer of this game, I work on the AIs (Please don't comment on them, a new AI version has been released and is much better than the current one...).
I first played this game about 1.5 years ago, it was AWESOME! There is much more statergum than that meets the eye, the difference between taking a zone and not taking one is sometimes the difference of 1 pixel (Which zone your in!)! At UberTweak we play with 4v4 or higher, 8v8 is a pretty good game size. Playing over the internet can be quite laggy because *cough* of inefficient coding of the networking modules *cough*. It is also an awesome feeling to hear one teams roar of success when defeating another teams ;)
John Board 2012-01-29 02:51:51
Finally! Trosnoth 1.6.0 is out!
Sejuta QQ 2020-06-08 06:45:55.072820Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response. Agen Domino99