Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.8.6
A TD implemented in python and pygame.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- Each Basic map now gives +1 Tower and +5 Starting Money.
- Added customization options for each Tower's image.
- Added a main menu, allowing to pick maps from a better interface, as well as edit tower images to your liking. Will also accommodate an options menu, in the future.
- Added menu functionality for rearranging tower abilities, as well as implemented automatic saving of changes to tower abilities and images.
- Converted the format for mapproperties.txt files, allowing for ease of entry, as well as multiple different types of enemies in the same wave.
- Upgrades now rarely modify tower costs. Pumping up towers while increasing base costs was counter-intuitive. Now, each copy of a tower you place increases the cost of further towers of that type. This will incentivize spreading out tower abilities.
- Enemies now have an element of randomness in their walk.
- Enemies now rotate their images, based on their temporary destination.
- Enemy waves now come automatically, after about 10 seconds, if not sent before that.
- Towers now regenerate health a small amount over time.
- Maps converted to new format: Basic0, Basic1, Basic2. This means Ability0, Basic3, HitPoints0, and HitPoints1 are UNPLAYABLE!.
- *Note On Difficulty: Any BasicX map assumes you have beaten all other X-1 maps. Any other X map assumes that you have beaten BasicX already.*
Pygame.org account Comments
Dylan Raub 2012-06-16 15:14:33
Good to see you are still working on this! Good on ya, mate :D
James Lu 2012-06-17 21:55:41
i'll upload my music soon
when i get on win7...
win 8 i can't do it, i secured it.
Steve 2012-06-19 02:20:24
Steve 2012-06-19 02:26:24
Got it running, that was my fault... but Rewards.py is def. missing
Austin 2012-06-19 02:26:58
Thanks for the support, Dylan!
Steve, Rewards.py isn't used in version 0.8.3. I replaced that whole mess with the Player Upgrade Screen, accessed by right-clicking on the XP Bar. If you're getting an import error, just remove the "import Random" line near the top of localdefs.py. I think that's the only one I missed.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
A faggot 2012-07-09 12:43:53
sipiatti 2012-07-10 08:08:34
ImportError: No module named Rewards
It seems one file missed from the zipball?
Mich Nannings 2012-11-27 14:49:54
it works nice, didnt find any bugs
wcb98 2013-10-08 01:30:24
Great Game, but can you include python 3 builds?