Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.6
A TD implemented in python and pygame.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- Fixed a bug in the map switching / game ending code, which would allow someone to "win" by just clicking "Next Wave".
- Fixed a common bug where a slow tower would slow down and already slowed enemy, then the enemy would "pop" back to its original speed.
- Added a map selecting menu. When starting the game, now, a very simple selection menu will come up first. The only playable map at this point is Map '1'.
- Added an optional description for map files. Simply put a 'description.txt' file in your map's folder to see it come up in map selection.
- Added support for map names other than numbers (i.e. Map '1' is now named 'Simple').
- MapMaker created!!! Run this separately from the game itself from mapmaker.py.
- Added a Textbox class, taken primarily from DrakeMagi in the thread: http://www.python-forum.org/pythonforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12895 Easily the best implementation I've seen.
- Wrote Map Maker Guide in the readme.txt.
- Corrected a bug where enemies would leave the screen and be 'removed', but their .move() function would still run, causing a crash.
Pygame.org account Comments
Dylan Raub 2012-06-16 15:14:33
Good to see you are still working on this! Good on ya, mate :D
James Lu 2012-06-17 21:55:41
i'll upload my music soon
when i get on win7...
win 8 i can't do it, i secured it.
Steve 2012-06-19 02:20:24
Steve 2012-06-19 02:26:24
Got it running, that was my fault... but Rewards.py is def. missing
Austin 2012-06-19 02:26:58
Thanks for the support, Dylan!
Steve, Rewards.py isn't used in version 0.8.3. I replaced that whole mess with the Player Upgrade Screen, accessed by right-clicking on the XP Bar. If you're getting an import error, just remove the "import Random" line near the top of localdefs.py. I think that's the only one I missed.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
A faggot 2012-07-09 12:43:53
sipiatti 2012-07-10 08:08:34
ImportError: No module named Rewards
It seems one file missed from the zipball?
Mich Nannings 2012-11-27 14:49:54
it works nice, didnt find any bugs
wcb98 2013-10-08 01:30:24
Great Game, but can you include python 3 builds?