Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.5
A TD implemented in python and pygame.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- Update graphics from: Lost Garden By the way "Danc", thanks for releasing the game art!
- Added the final two paths for the first map. Still not sure if this is the direction I want to take the game, but it's making it a little more interesting already. Please note, though, that the game is YET AGAIN unbalanced, and incredibly hard to beat thus far.
- Balanced out an odd skip in enemy stats. I'll look more at these soon.
- Basic tower is green, slow is blue now...
- Added the Cannon tower back!
- Updated the way towers generate their "buttons" to be more versatile... which leaves the door open to a surprise tower I hope to get up and running soon!!
- Made enemy movement much more fluid! No more "snapping" to corners.
- All enemy actions contained in Enemy.taketurn() now.
- Separate moneystolen from enemy.cost.
- Enemy.die() added to simplify all the different Tower.target()'s there now are.
- Corrected some bugs when approaching the last wave.
- Worked on rebalancing waves of enemies. 1-10 are done, 11-20 ARE NOT BALANCED!
Pygame.org account Comments
Dylan Raub 2012-06-16 15:14:33
Good to see you are still working on this! Good on ya, mate :D
James Lu 2012-06-17 21:55:41
i'll upload my music soon
when i get on win7...
win 8 i can't do it, i secured it.
Steve 2012-06-19 02:20:24
Steve 2012-06-19 02:26:24
Got it running, that was my fault... but Rewards.py is def. missing
Austin 2012-06-19 02:26:58
Thanks for the support, Dylan!
Steve, Rewards.py isn't used in version 0.8.3. I replaced that whole mess with the Player Upgrade Screen, accessed by right-clicking on the XP Bar. If you're getting an import error, just remove the "import Random" line near the top of localdefs.py. I think that's the only one I missed.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
A faggot 2012-07-09 12:43:53
sipiatti 2012-07-10 08:08:34
ImportError: No module named Rewards
It seems one file missed from the zipball?
Mich Nannings 2012-11-27 14:49:54
it works nice, didnt find any bugs
wcb98 2013-10-08 01:30:24
Great Game, but can you include python 3 builds?