Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.5.7
A TD implemented in python and pygame.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
[To be released by: 5 April, 2010] [Actually released on: 1 April, 2010]
- Wave 11a-20a of Map Simple and Curvy are still not balanced.
- Updating readme.txt.
- Adding better documentation for the mapmaker.
- Added a bit more comments.
- Introduced feature of towers needing 'power' from a link to the base.
- Added 'Node' tower, which can extend powered area.
- 'Power' feature removed, too complex at this point.
- Building class created. This is the backend for any structures that aren't towers.
- Changed enemy speed from 3 times the speed value in mapproperties to just the value in mapproperties. This allows greater and easier customization of enemies' speed.
- Fixed bug where map would end if there were only enemies coming from 'c' and/or 'd' paths.
- Hopefully fixed a bug where the next map would load in a small window, but this is unlikely.
- Fixed the next-map-small-screen bug, but have realized that switching maps is going to be a whole lot more complex than I had expected. I'm declaring that to be a "Not-yet-implemented Feature" for the time being.
- Minor update to mapmaker: Can't save without a base (avoids a common error). Also, added began adding step by step instructions to the top of the screen.
- Added Poison tower.
- Enemies will have a green health bar when poisoned.
Pygame.org account Comments
Dylan Raub 2012-06-16 15:14
Good to see you are still working on this! Good on ya, mate :D
James Lu 2012-06-17 21:55
i'll upload my music soon
when i get on win7...
win 8 i can't do it, i secured it.
Steve 2012-06-19 02:20
Steve 2012-06-19 02:26
Got it running, that was my fault... but Rewards.py is def. missing
Austin 2012-06-19 02:26
Thanks for the support, Dylan!
Steve, Rewards.py isn't used in version 0.8.3. I replaced that whole mess with the Player Upgrade Screen, accessed by right-clicking on the XP Bar. If you're getting an import error, just remove the "import Random" line near the top of localdefs.py. I think that's the only one I missed.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
A faggot 2012-07-09 12:43
sipiatti 2012-07-10 08:08
ImportError: No module named Rewards
It seems one file missed from the zipball?
Mich Nannings 2012-11-27 14:49
it works nice, didnt find any bugs
wcb98 2013-10-08 01:30
Great Game, but can you include python 3 builds?