Python PyGame Tower Defence - 0.7.7
A TD implemented in python and pygame.
There are only seven maps thus far, and only three playable. I have not put great effort into balancing them yet, as things change constantly. That said, I played through all of them before releasing this and found them to be fairly spot-on in difficulty, if a bit lacking in variety. Balance will not be a top priority until the Beta, version 0.9.
The art is nowhere close to tops and there is no sound whatsoever. I am neither an artist nor musician. If anyone would like to contribute either, I would happily give credit for your work.
Comments are welcome and encouraged!
- Added player saving: 's' key. No loading yet, though.
- Enabled changing of speed: UP arrow increases, DOWN arrow decreases.
- Implemented a "High Score" mechanism.
- Added display of "High Score".
- Added score variable for EnemyTypes.
- Player class changed around considerably.
- Loading is implemented and working.
- Added a Player Upgrade Screen, accessible by pressing 'u'.
- Changed wave sending to a KEYDOWN event, as per Donpachi's suggestion.
- Mapmenu changed to disregard files which begin with a period. Due to using svn, a file is created that begins with a period and was showing up in the map list as a playable map... which it wasn't.
- Curvy map removed, as it was an invalid map from an olllld version.
Pygame.org account Comments
Dylan Raub 2012-06-16 15:14:33
Good to see you are still working on this! Good on ya, mate :D
James Lu 2012-06-17 21:55:41
i'll upload my music soon
when i get on win7...
win 8 i can't do it, i secured it.
Steve 2012-06-19 02:20:24
Steve 2012-06-19 02:26:24
Got it running, that was my fault... but Rewards.py is def. missing
Austin 2012-06-19 02:26:58
Thanks for the support, Dylan!
Steve, Rewards.py isn't used in version 0.8.3. I replaced that whole mess with the Player Upgrade Screen, accessed by right-clicking on the XP Bar. If you're getting an import error, just remove the "import Random" line near the top of localdefs.py. I think that's the only one I missed.
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!
A faggot 2012-07-09 12:43:53
sipiatti 2012-07-10 08:08:34
ImportError: No module named Rewards
It seems one file missed from the zipball?
Mich Nannings 2012-11-27 14:49:54
it works nice, didnt find any bugs
wcb98 2013-10-08 01:30:24
Great Game, but can you include python 3 builds?