Dark Gates - 0.1.2 alpha
RPG game inspired by "Death Maze/ Labirynt Smierci"
- Bugfix: In fight first selected weapon is set to first available weapon
- Bugfix: Dark Gates finally appears
- Bugfix: Heroes can die while exploring labyrinth (eg. from traps)
- Bugfix: failed bribe attempt results in fight
- Bugfix: definite fix - game brakes if item exploration results in fight.
- Bugfix: missing info on monster if monster is present with item already explored.
- Linux binary tested on Lubuntu, Arch, Slackware, Debian, OpenSUSE, Linux Mint
- On Linux Arch game don't want to exit to system properly.
- No fullscreen on OSX Lion
- Win : After return to Main menu from game and selecting a "New Game" will brake game itself.
Pygame.org account Comments
Mekire 2012-10-29 09:01:30
A little disappointed that you have decided to ask for money for this already. Was looking forward to seeing what improvements you had made.
Kaliber64 2012-11-11 11:07:47
The movement does look a little sluggish. But looks really cool. I love random. I also love games that never end but can remain fun and always evolving. Games that basically make their own content as you go. Really hard to balance though.
Margaruga 2013-03-03 10:47:24
Great, I like it
John 2013-04-07 07:55:37
You should make a demo version. Or a cutoff without payment. I mean Its obvious that you put a lot of work into it, but that doesnt mean its worth 10 bucks to me (or even 7 on sale). A demo version might get me hooked and wanting more, willling to sacrifice 10 bucks just to check it out. I mean currently as is, i would fork over 2-3 bucks to check it out, but with only a video to watch, i wouldnt go higher. I mean you just recently added a save feature to it. This game looks like it has potential, and thus the only reason i wrote this comment. Just giving my two cents.
Braqoon 2013-04-14 15:37:58
Hi, thanks for your comment. Yes, there will be a demo in near feature when I will finish all the art. There is a full version 0.2 in meantime if you want to see how it works. core mechanics are there but bugs as well :).
Forgot to mention, Dark Gates are now on sale till the end of April.
John 2013-05-09 11:53:32
in linux, trying to extract it, only gets error as if it was corrupted
tar -zxvf DarkGates_alpha_0.2.0.tar.gz
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
metulburr 2013-12-29 05:40:42
As much as i disagree with the price, i voted for it to get on steam. Maybe if it gets on steam you would consider a reduced price for a deal at that point.