Dark Gates - 0.1.1 alpha
RPG game inspired by "Death Maze/ Labirynt Smierci"
- Removal of heroes avatars, replaced with space holders. Issues with licensing.
- bugfix: in fight, in team movement skip/end of this turn is now possible.
- bugfix: clean game exit on intro screen
- bugfix: game brakes if item exploration results in fight.
- bugfix: game brakes in heroes selection screen, where heroes with 4 spells got 4 spells selected, and user trying to go to spell selection menu.
- Major problem with binary build. Reported problems with starting a game on Debian based distros. New release tested with Mint, Fedora, Debian & Slackware (still problems with exit)
Pygame.org account Comments
Mekire 2012-10-29 09:01:30
A little disappointed that you have decided to ask for money for this already. Was looking forward to seeing what improvements you had made.
Kaliber64 2012-11-11 11:07:47
The movement does look a little sluggish. But looks really cool. I love random. I also love games that never end but can remain fun and always evolving. Games that basically make their own content as you go. Really hard to balance though.
Margaruga 2013-03-03 10:47:24
Great, I like it
John 2013-04-07 07:55:37
You should make a demo version. Or a cutoff without payment. I mean Its obvious that you put a lot of work into it, but that doesnt mean its worth 10 bucks to me (or even 7 on sale). A demo version might get me hooked and wanting more, willling to sacrifice 10 bucks just to check it out. I mean currently as is, i would fork over 2-3 bucks to check it out, but with only a video to watch, i wouldnt go higher. I mean you just recently added a save feature to it. This game looks like it has potential, and thus the only reason i wrote this comment. Just giving my two cents.
Braqoon 2013-04-14 15:37:58
Hi, thanks for your comment. Yes, there will be a demo in near feature when I will finish all the art. There is a full version 0.2 in meantime if you want to see how it works. core mechanics are there but bugs as well :).
Forgot to mention, Dark Gates are now on sale till the end of April.
John 2013-05-09 11:53:32
in linux, trying to extract it, only gets error as if it was corrupted
tar -zxvf DarkGates_alpha_0.2.0.tar.gz
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
metulburr 2013-12-29 05:40:42
As much as i disagree with the price, i voted for it to get on steam. Maybe if it gets on steam you would consider a reduced price for a deal at that point.