Trolls Outta Luckland - 1.1.0b
360-degree arcade-style space shooter
Trolls Outta Luckland is a 360-degree arcade-style space shooter featuring danger, action, explosions, triumph and tragedy. And one handsome devil of a space hero.
Tested with: Python 2.5.4, Pygame 1.9.1.
This is a beta release containing some new features, bug fixes, and a Windows executable distribution for Windows folks who don't have Python and Pygame installed. Changes:
- Fonts got a facelift.
- Fps class now uses font name.
- Changed Destroyer class to drop a load of slowly moving mines. Number of mines increase with game difficulty.
- Changed scoring for missiles to put them more in line with mines: shooting yields low score to discourage commendation farming; on-screen when completing level gives 5X the PATROL score to encourage some commendation boosting strategies; death gives nothing.
- Made enemy laser fire a little less aggressive. With lasers, missiles, mines, and ramming craft there is a lot going on during the peaks.
- Added F12, RMB, LMB, and Visible Pointer to HUD.
- High scores now have commas.
- Changes for Pygame 1.8.1 compatibility:
- In enemy.py, powerups.py, ui.py, utils.py: replaced rect.copy() with pygame.Rect(rect).
- In gumm_sound.py: replaced mixer.pre_init(buffer=1024) with mixer.pre_init(0,0,0,1024).
- Narrowed song selection.
- Added ui.TextReader class for in-game Help and Credits.
- Fixed: Sky no longer layers planets behind galaxies.
- Fixed: utils.load_image(): using surface.copy() on a cached image no longer produces a copy with alpha=0. It now preserves the original alpha. (Bug in Surface.copy()?)