Plague - 3.28
benedict carter (benedict)
arcade shooter physics simulation roguelike topdown shadows cellular automata gauntlet plague xcom syndicate
Plague is a real-time top down ā??rogue-likeā? arena shooter pitting humans against the zombie horde, inspired by the games Syndicate, XCOM and Gauntlet.
If you want to help with the development of Plague, let me know on the blog site listed below. Code, art, sounds, music, design and testing are all welcome.
In the future Plague will have new features like modifiable ā??RPGā? stats for sims, RTS base building and base defense missions, a day/night cycle, resource management, inventory for sims and the Zombie Plague will continue to mutate as the game progresses. See the To Do lists in the ReadMe for more detail.
-Zoom in and out at anytime to see the level ā?? no mini map required -Non-predictable procedural level generation -Vision based on line of sight -AI for all sentient sims -Memory based on what was last seen. -2D physics engine powers object interactions and motion -Finite element modeling of explosions, fire, etc -Fire modeling that allows objects to catch on fire and be destroyed -Lots of firearms, concussion and incendiary grenades, Molotov cocktails
- New LOS algorithm that is more speedy and much more flexible (bug reports welcome!)
- Weapon recock bar now only shows for "manual" weapons.
- Shotgun is now more like a double-barrelled shotgun to provide weapon differentiation.
- You can now pick the screen resolution you want (yes, you can enter non-integer values...)
- You can now pick the volume you want (only in the options menu though for now)
- Shrubs now only partially block sight as opposed to rock which fully block sight.
- Added an option in the options menu to pre-calc Line of Sight (takes some initial time, but Plague is fast after that).
- - A max sight radius of 15 takes 30 seconds on my computer, max sight radius of 30 takes 386 seconds (youch!). Theres still an ocassional slowdown, not sure why, help tracking this down would be appreciated.
- - I've just done a bunch more precalculation, now the LOS pre-calcs takes 74 seconds for a max sight radius of 15. Hmmm. The precalc time is kinda annoying now.
- - Further improvements around precalculation to come like pre-calcing all combinations and storing results in a file.
- - Suggestions welcome!
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.