Plague - 3.09
benedict carter (benedict)
arcade shooter physics simulation roguelike topdown shadows cellular automata gauntlet xcom syndicate plague
Plague is a real-time top down ‚??rogue-like‚?Ě arena shooter pitting humans against the zombie horde, inspired by the games Syndicate, XCOM and Gauntlet.
If you want to help with the development of Plague, let me know on the blog site listed below. Code, art, sounds, music, design and testing are all welcome.
In the future Plague will have new features like modifiable ‚??RPG‚?Ě stats for sims, RTS base building and base defense missions, a day/night cycle, resource management, inventory for sims and the Zombie Plague will continue to mutate as the game progresses. See the To Do lists in the ReadMe for more detail.
-Zoom in and out at anytime to see the level ‚?? no mini map required -Non-predictable procedural level generation -Vision based on line of sight -AI for all sentient sims -Memory based on what was last seen. -2D physics engine powers object interactions and motion -Finite element modeling of explosions, fire, etc -Fire modeling that allows objects to catch on fire and be destroyed -Lots of firearms, concussion and incendiary grenades, Molotov cocktails
○ Code rewrite to make code more readable, use inheritance more, and do things in smarter ways
○ Some nice new sprite art / sprite improvements from Sean on www.blogger.com
○ Rest of sprite art upgraded to match Seans work.
○ Changing drawing order so UI drawn last
○ Reduced bounciness of some bullets (where the gun has a high fire rate) to decrease computational load
○ calculated bullet draw paths without physics_locations ‚?? new list: draw_locations made
○ fixed add_sim so that ‚??effects‚?Ě are always drawn
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.