Lands of Elderlore - 0.0.7
A graphical roguelike in a random yet persistent medieval world.
Elderlore is a graphical roguelike in a random yet persistent medieval world. It will rely mostly on fractal landscapes and procedural cities and dungeons.
- Web page is in french right now, and game is both in french and english.
- Game is in early dev stage, needing pygame, ocempgui, and Numeric modules.
Here is a new release (0.0.7) with the following new features :
- a new area system : from each world cell, an area of 32 x 32 cells is built. So with a standard 65 x 65 world, you'll get a 2080 x 2080 playing field.
- a new exploring system : once you've crossed an area, the relative world cell becomes known and you can travel on it on the World view.
- mouse movements : you can move around by clicking with the mouse, or even better by rolling your mouse wheel.
- a new graphical theme
- A messaging system
You can grab source code (Python) and Windows binary there :
I have a bunch of screenshots there :
Pygame.org account Comments
Benjamin Lee 2012-08-23 00:56:52
I cannot figure out how to do anything. Also, I was wondering if the towns should have people in them. I think there might be a glitch here.
Ronald S. McKnight 2017-12-20 13:48:08.103389This is one of the best rogue like game I've ever played. I love RPG games. They require a lot of skills but BritishEssays.net site can help you to deal with this problems!