Gummworld2 - 0.1.0
There is a Google group to discuss Gummworld2
and related projects. All are welcome. Please stop by and start a discussion.
This is Gummworld2. It's designed as a light pygame framework for a scrolling game, where the map is larger than the display. It emphasizes simplicity, freedom, and performance.
Helpers for Tiled and pymunk are included. However, they are not required.
Source and documentation bundle is available, as well as SVN, via the project home page. Plenty of uncomplicated examples.
Yes, that screenshot shows a legitimate 332 FPS in a scrolling 800x600 window. It's a 2048x2048-pixel map of nearly 500 visible sprites, collapsed down to 36 images by Gummworld2 for batch efficiency.
- Performance: MapLayer implementation changed for a gain.
- World editor features and polish. Foremost, tile info is now maintained in user_data by the editor, and export/import. This means game makers can attach tiles to world geometry, and games can load the graphics as it loads world entities. toolkit has helpers.
- Significant additions to toolkit for working with world entity files and tilesheets.
- Some usability enhancements and additions to classes and constructors.
- A major fix in the world editor, and a few minor fixes in the library.
- Bunny mini-game updated for compatibility with MapLayer changes.
Sorry if this release breaks any works in progress. toolkit and examples have been updated, you can look there for clues.
You'll also be very welcome in the discussion group where you can ask for help converting to this release.
The full change log is here.
click to view original size
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.1 ||- Mar 28, 2013|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.0 ||- Apr 6, 2012|
|Gummworld2 - 0.3.0 ||- Nov 28, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.2.0 ||- May 21, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.1.1 ||- Mar 25, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.1.0 ||- Feb 27, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.12 ||- Feb 20, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.11 ||- Feb 8, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.10 ||- Jan 29, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.9 ||- Jan 22, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.5 ||- Jan 10, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.4 ||- Jan 7, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.2 ||- Jan 3, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.0 ||- Dec 31, 2010|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 24, 2013
May 23, 2013
May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013
May 19, 2013
May 18, 2013
May 17, 2013
May 16, 2013
May 15, 2013