Gummworld2 - 0.0.5
::: News :::
Hosting has changed to Bitbucket. The old files are still up on Google Code.
Now works with Python 3. Still works with Python 2.7, and 2.6.
Smarter, faster BasicMapRenderer. See examples/07_tiled_tmw_renderer_complete.py.
::: About :::
Gummworld2 is a light pygame framework for a scrolling game, where the map is larger than the display. It emphasizes simplicity, freedom, and performance.
Tiled helpers are included. However, Tiled is not required.
Source and documentation bundle is available, as well as SVN, via the project home page. Plenty of uncomplicated examples.
Yes, that screenshot shows a legitimate 332 FPS in a scrolling 800x600 window. It's a 2048x2048-pixel map of nearly 500 visible sprites, collapsed down to 36 images by Gummworld2 for batch efficiency.
::: More :::
Also available in downloads:
- gw2_skeleton (a la skellington), get this for fast skeleton setup.
- The Mana World resources used by some Gummworld2 examples (sorry, TMW must be kept separate because it is GPL v2).
- The fixed-step game clock, a good general-use clock used in Gummworld2.
- Mutable world demos (aka Gummcraft) v1.1 and v1.2.
- The original "bunny roundup game" demo.
- Pyweek 17 entry Harvest Moon.
::: Google Discussion Group :::
There is a Google group to discuss Gummworld2 and related projects. All are welcome. Please stop by and start a discussion.
This release contains numerous changes and additions to the model portion of the library.
- New QuadTree class in support of quadtree worlds.
- Classes for different purposes in model module: simple world, no world, quadtree world, as well as pymunk world.
- "use_pymunk" obsolesced in Engine. Replaced with world types: none, simple, quad tree, and pymunk.
- Special purpose keyword arguments added to Engine for quadtree world type.
- Examples updated for compatibility.
- New examples for quadtree world, and simple world.
- Bunny minigame modified to use quadtree world.
Thanks to Dylan J. Raub for his excellent pygame demo, Quadtree test, after which Gummworld2's quad_tree module has been fundamentally modeled. Visit the project page: http://www.pygame.org/project-Quadtree+test-1691-.html.
click to view original size
|Gummworld2 - 0.5.0 ||- Apr 16, 2014|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.5 ||- Mar 26, 2014|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.4 ||- Aug 23, 2013|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.3 ||- Aug 20, 2013|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.2 ||- Aug 6, 2013|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.1 ||- Mar 28, 2013|
|Gummworld2 - 0.4.0 ||- Apr 6, 2012|
|Gummworld2 - 0.3.0 ||- Nov 28, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.2.0 ||- May 21, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.1.1 ||- Mar 25, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.1.0 ||- Feb 27, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.12 ||- Feb 20, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.11 ||- Feb 8, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.10 ||- Jan 29, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.9 ||- Jan 22, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.5 ||- Jan 10, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.4 ||- Jan 7, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.2 ||- Jan 3, 2011|
|Gummworld2 - 0.0.0 ||- Dec 31, 2010|
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Feb 24, 2015
Feb 23, 2015
Feb 20, 2015
Feb 19, 2015
Feb 15, 2015
Feb 12, 2015