Starheaven - 0.0.10
While trying to run a game you found on the web, you accidentally triggered a transdimensional portal that takes you through time, space, passing galaxies that existed a long time ago very far away, into a bubble dimension. Now you are stuck in this place called Starheaven, and have to find your way in using all of your abilities (and the mouse, don't forget the mouse!). However, in your voyages you will find all sorts of dangers, from the creatures and monsters that roam the land, to something even more dangerous, losing your essence to this new and fantastic world. Are you willing to take the chance, and go beyond the safe walls of Starheaven traveler?
- Fixed bug: Title text overlapped on buttons. Now title adjusts to fit in the space.
- Fixed bug: Game crashed when buying Low Quality Metal Armor. This was due to the name reduction. Tested golden armor, just in case.
- Fixed issue: Made it so that the seed of the random generator would change every time you play. This means it should be more fair when sorting through items. If you don't like how the game is choosing the items, just restart it.
- Fixed issue: Lizard description has been revised.
- Fixed bug: Level up didn't increase HP. This was because it did increase the HP, when it should have increased the MaxHP. Well, now it regenerates your health for free at level up. Enjoy.
- Fixed bug: Saved games didn't Load correctly. Had to change the whole system. It should be working fine now.
- Fixed bug: Changing items didn't change and seemed to be stuck. Happens because the head wasn't "Connected" with the torso. It should work now.
- Fixed bug: No new game was possible when you had a game over. This was because the end game screen got looped over and over again.
- Fixed bug: Items didn't seem to drop. This was because the game didn't recognized certain items with a number and an "x" on them.
- New encounter: White Magician
Pygame.org account Comments
Gorgon 2012-03-05 00:07
Would become an epic game if you put more effort in it!
I noticed a bug when I tried to heal at the infirmary. The game simply crashed.
Jos1tf 2012-03-06 23:25
Yeah, the game is thought to try and crash the screen instead of making a wrong one appear. It makes it easier to find bugs that way, but doesn't make it bug-proof I'm afraid. I already corrected that in the new release.
Thank you for the comment, and if everything goes well, there will be a lot more content to come soon.
Xxhaleinaxx 2012-03-16 14:28
Hey, I was wondering if you could actually help me out with my own game? Its text based as well, and I need lots of help.
Jos1tf 2012-03-17 00:19
What kind of help are you looking for?
If you would like a piece of code for textboxes, you can go here: https://sites.google.com/site/...
Benjamin 2012-03-22 04:25
I have encountered a problem where in the data screen when I click "return", it went to the help screen. I have been able to use the data screen before without problems. I think it has to do with the way it handles saved games because I tried saving my game in slot one to try to get out of the data screen and when I loaded it I went to the help screen. I also can't find the explore screen with west, east, south, north, and outskirts which I can tell exists because I looked at the code in the locations file.
Jos1tf 2012-03-25 17:44
Fixed the bug of the help screen. It was due to a bad handling in the action tree.
As for the locations in the explore option, they haven't been uploaded yet. They are there so that I just have to change the button to visible when they are available. Yeah, I know, I'm lazy XD
Jos1tf 2012-03-24 19:51
Just a note. If the game crashes or has abnormal behavior, you can send me your history file in order to pinpoint it better. The file is located in the same folder as the game. Warning: playing again will delete all the information in this file, so it would be a good idea to make a copy of it.