Stardog - pre-alpha 10-31-10
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Far from finished and interested in collaboration.
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- email@example.com . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Added shield part (but you have to salvage it from an enemy)
- Redesigned life bars into rings, they match the new shield graphics.
- Enemies now have a 30% chance to spawn with more useful parts.
- Engines, Shields, Guns, Gyroscopes now all use energy. This makes generators more important. Rebalanced things to fit.
- Now the game should be somewhat playable: enemies increase each time you clear them, and you should be able to gain useful parts by salvaging them from dead enemies.
note: Enter for the menu! Parts and Keys and editable inside.
- not everything crashes into planets right.
- inventory does not always refresh. Remove and re-add a part to force it to refresh.
- Guns shoot their own ship in more configurations than they should.
- Parts disappear when new enemies spawn
- Bad menu spacing on OSX
- Game is incomplete!