These files available from: ftp://pygame.org/pub/pygame | http://pygame.org/ftp
Not sure what to download? Read the Installation Notes.
Development versions can be found on the subversion page - including automatically built windows, and mac binaries.
1.9.1 Packages (August 6th 2009)
Get the version of pygame for your version of python. You may need to uninstall old versions of pygame first.NOTE
: if you had pygame 1.7.1 installed already, please uninstall it first. Either using the uninstall feature - or remove the files: c:\python25\lib\site-packages\pygame . We changed the type of installer, and there will be issues if you don't uninstall pygame 1.7.1 first (and all old versions).
There are some pre release binaries for 64bit windows, and for python 2.7 at http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pygame
1.9.1 has been packaged up for almost all major distributions. You can also install 1.9.1 from source with python setup.py install (see Compilation
- Ubuntu - pygame is available through apt-get in the Universe (1.9.1)
- Gentoo - pygame is available in the portage system (1.9.1 + 1.9.2prerelease)
- Fedora - Package repositories have support for pygame (1.9.1)
- Suse - The Yast package system has pygame (updated to 1.9.1)
- OLPC - comes with the XO, and sugar (1.9.1).
- archlinux - pygame is available through pacman (1.9.1)
- Debian - pygame is available through apt-get (1.9.1)
- FreeBSD - pygame is included in standard ports as py26-game (1.8.1)
- OpenBSD - pygame is included in standard ports (1.8.1)
These are packages for the python from python.org, not the apple provided python. These packages work with OSX 10.3.9 upwards.
- Haiku-os - (an open source BeOS) latest release version 1.8.1 (no bug submitted yet for 1.9.1 update)
- Bebits - latest release version 1.6
- pygame-1.9.0release.tar.gz ~ 1.4M - August 1, 2009
- pygame-1.8.1release.tar.gz ~ 1.4M - July 30, 2008
- pygame-1.8.0release.tar.gz ~ 1.4M - March 29, 2008
- pygame-1.7.1release.tar.gz ~ 1.3M - August 16, 2005
- 1.7.0 ~ no source release was made.
- pygame-1.6.2.tar.bz2 ~ 1140 kb -
- pygame-1.6.tar.gz ~ 832 kb - October 23, 2003
- pygame-1.5.tar.gz ~ 736 kb - May 30, 2002
- pygame-1.4.tar.gz ~ 808 kb - Jan 30, 2002
- pygame-1.3.tar.gz ~ 731 kb - Dec 19, 2001
- pygame-1.2.tar.gz ~ 708 kb - Sep 4, 2001
- pygame-1.1.tar.gz ~ 644 kb - Jun 23, 2001
- pygame-1.0.tar.gz ~ 564 kb - Apr 5, 2001
- pygame-0.9.tar.gz ~ 452 kb - Feb 13, 2001
- pygame-0.5.tar.gz ~ 436 kb - Jan 6 14, 2001
- pygame-0.4.tar.gz ~ 420 kb - Dec 14, 2000
- pygame-0.3b.tar.gz ~ 367 kb - Nov 20, 2000
- pygame-0.2b.tar.gz ~ 408 kb - Nov 3, 2000
- pygame-0.1a.tar.gz ~ 300 kb - Oct 28, 2000
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Oct 9, 2015
Sep 11, 2015
Sep 6, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
Aug 25, 2015
Aug 21, 2015
Aug 16, 2015
Jul 30, 2015