Cheese Boys - 0.0.2
An arcade game played in kind of (humor), post-apocalyptic world. You are the only one that can slay a band of five that now rule the world. You must move in a small town, facing enemies in combat to reach the truth hidden behind the Cheese Boys origin... and your past.
In a sort of silly post-apocalyptic world, in early 21 century, the major part of the planet is enslaved under the rule of a mysterious group of five obscure entities that held some sort of magic power and lead the human kind to a slave state and a dark medieval age.
They are know as Cheese Boys.
Your adventure start in the year 12 of the Cheese Boys Era, exactly 12 year after the Cheese War. Those powerful beings wins this conflict again the world's countries army, thanks to the Disease that they spread over men. This magic illness slowly transforms the greater part of humans in a kind of mindless barbarian warriors under the Cheese Boys control.
After all those year of war the old know world, with its countries and organizations, is only a far memory of an happy past.
But there is one, lonely, population on the entire planet that seems immune to the Disease, and live free in a region where the Cheese Boys minions can't enter.
What dark secrets are hidden behind the Cheese Boys? How they obtain those evil powers? Can the human kind be freed?
RequirementsTo install requirement released on the cheeseshop just use the
See my personal page about distutils for more infos.
- Pygame 1.8.1
- KezMenu (released on the cheeseshop)
- KTextSurfaceWriter (released on the cheeseshop)
As the project comment are not so friendly (I get no notification of new comments and so I look if some pygamers write something only in the days after a new release), I create a blog of the project itself
I hope I'll see you there!
For whatever reason: lucafbb AT gmail com
You can access to latest software version from the Git repository.
Help is always wanted!
- Use F1 to enable/disable fullscreen during the game.
- Move the hero with mouse left button. Keep pressed and the hero will follow the cursor.
- Right click on an enemy to begin a hunt of him: the hero will begin following and attack him.
- Use the X button to attack without hunt down the enemy or if you don't want that the hero move toward him, or to stop the scrolling of the level when walking near the borders.
- CRTL key stop the time, giving you time to send orders to Boscolo.
- Use the SHIFT key to enter in stealth mode.
- Use the Z key to perform a withdraw (for now isn't helping a lot). The withdraw is done in a direction opposite to mouse pointer position!
- Use the space key to exit from text displayed during the gameplay.
- During presentation you can control the animation speed using LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS.
- With 0 key you can shout something (not useful for now).
Some more action.
This pre-alpha release lead the code to a more object oriented reality. The screen now host the hero (you can move normally with mouse click or arrow keys) and some enemies (hero's clones)
Next release will handle collision and probably attacks, but I still need some help with charas images!
Cheese Boys 0.0.5 — 13 Jul, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.0.1 — 6 Apr, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.0.2 — 14 Apr, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.0.3 — 11 May, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.0.4 — 28 Jun, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.0.6 — 16 Aug, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.1.1 — 23 Dec, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.1.0 — 20 Nov, 2008
Cheese Boys 0.2.0 — 30 Apr, 2009