Lands of Elderlore - 0.0.9
A graphical roguelike in a random yet persistent medieval world.
Elderlore is a graphical roguelike in a random yet persistent medieval world. It will rely mostly on fractal landscapes and procedural cities and dungeons.
- Web page is in french right now, and game is both in french and english.
- Game is in early dev stage, needing pygame, ocempgui, and Numeric modules.
At last, here is a new release of Lands of Elderlore. This release is still a view-only release, since you can wander in the fractal worlds it generates, but rest of the game is not implemented yet. Here is the changelog. Have fun ! New functunalities :
- New fonts are used
- There is now a message when you destroy an object
- Roads and rivers take the shortest way if possible on Zone view
- Forests are populated with the cave generation algorithm
- Tempered forests have now some dead trees
- Deserts have now cactus and dead trees
- New roads and rivers on World view
- New introduction music theme "Jester's tear"
- Some animals have been added on the Zone view with the file animaux.csv (but they do nothing)
- Objects are now handled with the file inventaire.csv
- New mouse shape when over player
- New isometric display on Zone view :
- TAB key makes you turn yourself anti clockwise
- Sift + TAB makes you turn yourself clockwise
- < key switches between Zone view and World view
- CTRL + g displays two different kind of grid on the Zone view (thank you Anvilfolk !)
- A cardinal point have been added in the upper left corner
- In some rare case, no starting village was found
- In some case, desert was overflowing the ground
- Graphical resolutions are now dynamically available
- CPU use has been severely reduced
- New Windows binary file with OcempGui files (thank you Sean !)
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.1 — 30 Aug, 2006
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.7 — 19 Feb, 2007
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.8 — 2 Apr, 2007
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.5 — 4 Jan, 2007
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.3 — 17 Dec, 2006
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.2 — 9 Dec, 2006
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.6 — 8 Jan, 2007
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.4 — 21 Dec, 2006
Lands of Elderlore 0.0.9 — 31 Jul, 2007
Pygame.org account Comments
Benjamin Lee 2012-08-23 00:56:52
I cannot figure out how to do anything. Also, I was wondering if the towns should have people in them. I think there might be a glitch here.
Ronald S. McKnight 2017-12-20 13:48:08.103389This is one of the best rogue like game I've ever played. I love RPG games. They require a lot of skills but BritishEssays.net site can help you to deal with this problems!