Stardog - 0.2011.01.18.0
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Far from finished and interested in collaboration.
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Separate Fighter, Destroyer, and Interceptor types!
- Adds Flak Cannons and smaller Fighter Shields.
- Type-chooser added to intro menu. Intro menu shows after each death.
- Missiles mapped to the spacebar by default.
- SolarSystem is now smaller. So is the sun.
- There are boundaries that stop the ship, and a warning is shown when trying to pass them.
- Gyroscope made smaller.
- Player's parts no longer fall off when hit. (Enemies' still do.)
- Explosions push back ships, and explosions from missiles do damage.
- Cockpits now generate energy, store energy, and can turn the ship. Only a tiny bit of each. Before a ship that lost a generator, battery, or gyro was useless. Cockpits still cannot thrust (so keep a spare engine handy!).
- Parts menu drag-and-drop interface fixed & added. This interface is much, much easier to use.
I am now interested in feedback on balance issues.
Stardog pre-alpha 10-27-10 — 27 Oct, 2010
Stardog prealpha 10-25-10 — 25 Oct, 2010
Stardog pre-alpha 10-29-10 — 29 Oct, 2010
Stardog 0.2010.11.07.0 — 8 Nov, 2010
Stardog pre-alpha 10-31-10 — 1 Nov, 2010
Stardog 0.2010.11.30.1 — 30 Nov, 2010
Stardog 0.2010.11.20.0 — 20 Nov, 2010
Stardog 0.2011.01.18.0 — 18 Jan, 2011
Stardog 0.2011.02.16.0 — 16 Feb, 2011
Pygame.org account Comments
Zenemas 2011-10-11 20:21:50
Still updating, or am I necroing?
John Board 2011-12-26 09:22:08
This looks quite like Netrek
Aat Karelse 2015-02-08 02:26:23
I have updated this game somewhat, you can find the updated version at: https://github.com/aaps/stardo...