Stardog - 0.2010.11.07.0
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Far from finished and interested in collaboration.
A 2D space shooter RPG in the similar to Star Control 2, Escape Velocity, or Star Wolves 3. Still unfinished and interested in collaboration.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. [currently working on construction tools]
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. [implemented]
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle [working]
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation [implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content]
- Realistic 2D physics [working]
- A Dozen alien races to explore [some content, no implementation]
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. [currently 2 with random design variants]
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems [under construction]
Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org . Bugs can be reported here.
- Enter: menu
- Tab: radar
- Del: self-destruct
- wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
- q/e: strafe
- ctrl: shoot
- space: launch missiles (if equipped)
- Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- planet/ship and planet/part collisions fixed
- solar system now has a sun with planets that each spawn enemies. 30 seconds after clearing a planet of enemies, it should spawn more enemies.
- major AI upgrade- hovers by planets, will intercept you after it sees you, aims well (accounts for velocity).
- enemies deal less damage to compensate.
- it is much harder to shoot your own shields
- many tweaks to improve drawing performance (but it will probably run slower because more is happening now)
- parts don't disappear when all enemies are defeated
- parts collected by other ships do not go to your inventory
- bullets match ship color
- part life bars now show damage instead of life (full red ring = dead)
- explosions no longer deal damage
- radar graphics improved
- custom key binding displays message while busy waiting