Ragnarok Engine 3 - 1.0.p36
Ragnarok Engine 3 is small and concise generic 2D game engine built on top of Pygame to make game creation easier.
Ragnarok Engine was created in 2010 by Clinton Myers (https://www.pygame.org/project/1525), a simple implementation, with a simple way to setup the GUI, and simple way to instantiate stuff, exactly what you want to start and finish fast your game.
I found it after a long journey of maybe 2 hours trough the way back machine, and started to port it to Python3 (hence the 3 in the name of the project) and I'll slowly add more stuff to it.
Many basic classes and methods are already inplace for Ragnarok Engine 3
- 2D and 3D Vector Math Library
- Sprites with easy rotation, scaling, texture loading, etc.
- SpriteSheet and Animation classes
- Text objects that can be rotated, scaled, and translated
- A customizable 2D Camera
- A managed World system that updates, draws, and automatically offsets objects by the camera's translation.
- Collision System
- Input Handling Systems
- Particle Systems
- Pool class for efficiently reusing objects