pyTile - 0.1.2
Timothy Baldock (entropy)
Isometric engine for a future transport sim game (think Simutrans, or Transport Tycoon)
Right-click and drag to move the screen
"h" - selects terrain modification mode
Left click and drag to raise/lower a tile.
"s" - toggles smooth terrain modification
"i","o","k","l" - change size of modifier tool
"t" - toggles track-drawing mode
Left click to place track start point, click again to place track end point
That's all it does so far.
You can check out the latest development version from:
svn co svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/pytile/trunk
--This is an intermediate release, will probably crash a fair bit!--
This release is actually quite a long way from the last one, additions include:
- Smooth terrain modification (toggle with "s" key)
- Terrain size change ("k" and "l" to enlarge selection, "o" and "p" to reduce)
- Multiple tool modes (only 2 tools so far, "h" to modify terrain height, "t" to draw tracks)
- Track drawing using the bezier drawing engine (still experimental, click to start drawing, click again to end drawing, only works within one tile for now)
- Text sprite drawing class (experimental, doesn't do much for now)
- New licence, pyTile is now released under the BSD license
- Crashes sometimes
- Drawing order of tracks isn't correct
- Drawing artifacts with some track combinations
Behind the scenes there are many speed and stability improvements.
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.