SolitaireCryptoDemo - 1.1
John Eriksson (wmjoers)
A visual demonstration of the steps involved in generating a keystream using Bruce Schneier's Solitaire encryption algorithm.
Featuring smooth animations and descriptions of all steps.
Type "python SolitaireCryptoDemo.py" to start the demo.
You can also use several commandline options:
- -r - Setup a shuffled deck.
- -u - Setup an unkeyed deck.
- -k KEY - Setup a keyed deck using the algorithm described at http://www.schneier.com/solitaire.html.
- -o - Print found keys to standard out.
- -h - Display this text.
- python SolitaireCryptoDemo.py
starts the demo with a default deck (keyed with "CRYPTONOMICON").
- python SolitaireCryptoDemo.py -r
starts the demo with a shuffled deck.
- python SolitaireCryptoDemo.py -u -o
starts the demo with an unkeyed deck and prints the keys.
- python SolitaireCryptoDemo.py -k MYSECRETKEY
starts the demo with a keyd deck using the passphrase"MYSECRETKEY".
- Fixed a serious bug in the key finding part of the algorithm. (Thanks to Thomas Knappe for pointing this out!)
- Fixed some other bugs that I found when tracking down the first one.
- Changed the key output to show the actual key value instead of the modulus 26 value. To be more compliant to the algorithm description.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
May 1, 2016
Apr 6, 2016
Mar 27, 2016
Mar 26, 2016
Mar 22, 2016
Mar 19, 2016
Mar 17, 2016
Mar 13, 2016
Feb 27, 2016
Feb 21, 2016
Feb 12, 2016