Retro Game Library
A library for creating NES and GameBoy style games.
Retro Game Library is a library for creating NES and GameBoy style games.
- Automatic screen scaling support
- Synced keyboard/gamepad support
- A font module with authentic NES and GameBoy fonts
- Dialog boxes for displaying dialog
- A camera module
- A gameobject module for easily adding and removing objects from groups
- A geometry module with polygon collisions and response, using the Separating Axis Theorem
- A resource loading module, for quickly loading and caching images, sounds, and music
ExamplesThere is only one example in the library at the moment, but also included are two games (one finished, one in development), BubbMan and Kontra, that help show off the library.
DocumentationWe have a documentation in HTML format included in the library. If you feel it's lacking anything, please let us know.
CreditsThis library is a collaboration between pymike and saluk.
- Home Page