Kitty Vacuum Dodge! - 0.2
You're a cat in a house full of vacuums. You have no idea why there are so many, but you hate them all. Avoid the vacuums!
Space to jump
Esc to exit
You have 9 lives, each time you are hit, you lose one.
This is my first game using pygame, and first upload, which is currently a work in progress. Put together in about a night, I haven't done much polishing because I'm excited to get it up!
- Fixed bug that prevented game from shutting down correctly.
- Gave Kitty a bit of "airtime" to make jumping feel more natural.
- Slightly decreased the size of hit boxes for all objects.
- Increased the speed of vacuums slightly.
- Updated the hud to have a new, more easily readable font.
- In preparation for gamestates, and progessing levels, added a hud element to display the current level at the start.
- If Kitty is hit by a vacuum while facing the opposite direction, his directional orientation will be reversed when placed back in starting position.
- Life counter will count backwards indefinitely after using your final life.
Pygame.org account Comments
Angello Maggio 2012-11-08 23:14:02
Nice idea. I tried it and your cat goes off the screen when you go too far into that direction. Also it takes forever for a vacuum to appear. Keep trying tho!
Cristian 2012-11-24 00:43:37
If you go with the cat outside the right edge you've escaped those scary vacuums for an indefinite number of levels :)
Also, I think movement on the whole floor (so also some up / down) would be very welcome.
Nice job so far!
Llortus 2013-01-26 00:07:23
Thanks for the info guys, the fact that you can move outside of the screen bounds was a pretty big oversight on my part. I will definitely fix this the next time I'm working on the project, as well as taking general gameplay feedback into consideration.