Ardentryst is a free, open-source, cross-platform action/RPG sidescrolling game that is fun for all ages. Follow hero Pyralis, a warrior with fire magic, and heroine Nyx, an ice mage, on a quest through a castle, forests and snowy mountains to reclaim peace in the realm of Ardentryst.
- Two playable characters
- A good number of weapons, armour, items and accessories
- Things you equip will be visible on your character as you play (eg. weapons, armour)
- Walking, jumping, special abilities per char/level
- A fantasy storyline
- Spells, magic and summoning
- Lots of monsters and friendly NPC characters
- Lots and lots of sprite art married with digital painting, mainly in Anime and FF style
- Fighting combos and flexible fighting system
- Worldwide competition
- A well-suited soundtrack and high-quality music and effects
- 3 epic worlds/locations with bosses at the end of each--play as both characters to go through all worlds
- Customise your character, allowing different play styles
- Python 2.4 or greater (probably not Python 3)
- A decent computer (1.6GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, dedicated graphics card at least)
This game is programmed by me and myself alone (since 2007), however I have asked a lot of my friends to help with various parts of the game, like art, story and game concepts, and the game would not have as much potential without them. Please see the credits listing in-game. :)
Check out my homepage for more information: http://jordan.trudgett.com/
- Home Page
Pygame.org account Comments
tgfcoder 2013-03-10 06:39
Ardentryst's new home: http://jordantrudgett.com/arde...
Mekire 2013-03-12 14:29
A damn impressive project. I wish you wouldn't collapse so many things into your namespaces with star imports, and I wish you would clean up your top level directory so it only had your main file in it, but those are minor minor qualms. I'm going to have to put in some time when I get a chance and play through this thoroughly.
Jimboy 2014-09-23 20:47
Since the last comment was two years ago, I thought I might liven up this party.
Jim 2016-04-14 14:28
SInce the last comment was two years ago, I thought I might liven up this party.
renesd 2017-03-10 12:03Looks like the website is at: http://www.jordantrudgett.com/ardentryst/