Starheaven - 0.0.9
While trying to run a game you found on the web, you accidentally triggered a transdimensional portal that takes you through time, space, passing galaxies that existed a long time ago very far away, into a bubble dimension. Now you are stuck in this place called Starheaven, and have to find your way in using all of your abilities (and the mouse, don't forget the mouse!). However, in your voyages you will find all sorts of dangers, from the creatures and monsters that roam the land, to something even more dangerous, losing your essence to this new and fantastic world. Are you willing to take the chance, and go beyond the safe walls of Starheaven traveler?
- Mouse transformation and item by Ark Rotarl
- New Shop: External's Shop
- New Item: Golden Armor
- New location: Woods
- Fixed bug: The data screen returned you to the help screen if you clicked on it. This was because of some bad managing on the action tree. Fixed bug: Game crashed when leaving the lake store (thank you new gameHistory system!)
- Fixed bug: See that the HP doesn't raise from 0 to 1 if an enemy defeats you.
- Fixed bug: The changing description of the wings was blank, making an empty test appear when the horse's infection got to it. Filled it with a generic changing description.
- Fixed bug: The overall descriptions weren't triggering properly. Mainly because they weren't included XD. Sorry folks, my fault.
- Fixed bug: Lizardmen should drop lizard oil now.
- New generic overall description, for when I forget to write it XD
- Could not reproduce: "The tail and the centaur-body weren't reversed with a different TF(swan)". Just for the record, the swan TF is made so that it takes away the centaur body, and changes the tail into a feathery tuft.
- Could not reproduce: "Double TF messages of the same part and other TFs and parts that don't change". I spent some time using the TF items like crazy. I didn't see any double descriptions. Maybe it was on an encounter, I haven't checked those yet.
- Balance fix: Changed chances of finding items for it to be equal for all items. Some items need certain level in order for them to be encountered randomly.
- Balance fix: Made the horse transformation item change statistics according to level. The higher the level, the more they change. The most you can get out of this is a +6 on every statistic it changes at level 100.
Pygame.org account Comments
Gorgon 2012-03-05 00:07:58
Would become an epic game if you put more effort in it!
I noticed a bug when I tried to heal at the infirmary. The game simply crashed.
Jos1tf 2012-03-06 23:25:56
Yeah, the game is thought to try and crash the screen instead of making a wrong one appear. It makes it easier to find bugs that way, but doesn't make it bug-proof I'm afraid. I already corrected that in the new release.
Thank you for the comment, and if everything goes well, there will be a lot more content to come soon.
Xxhaleinaxx 2012-03-16 14:28:32
Hey, I was wondering if you could actually help me out with my own game? Its text based as well, and I need lots of help.
Jos1tf 2012-03-17 00:19:30
What kind of help are you looking for?
If you would like a piece of code for textboxes, you can go here: https://sites.google.com/site/...
Benjamin 2012-03-22 04:25:43
I have encountered a problem where in the data screen when I click "return", it went to the help screen. I have been able to use the data screen before without problems. I think it has to do with the way it handles saved games because I tried saving my game in slot one to try to get out of the data screen and when I loaded it I went to the help screen. I also can't find the explore screen with west, east, south, north, and outskirts which I can tell exists because I looked at the code in the locations file.
Jos1tf 2012-03-25 17:44:45
Fixed the bug of the help screen. It was due to a bad handling in the action tree.
As for the locations in the explore option, they haven't been uploaded yet. They are there so that I just have to change the button to visible when they are available. Yeah, I know, I'm lazy XD
Jos1tf 2012-03-24 19:51:01
Just a note. If the game crashes or has abnormal behavior, you can send me your history file in order to pinpoint it better. The file is located in the same folder as the game. Warning: playing again will delete all the information in this file, so it would be a good idea to make a copy of it.