tutorials — wiki
The pygame Documentation page has a number of tutorials. A Newbie Guide to pygame is very good.
There are lots of examples that come with pygame. See https://github.com/pygame/pygame/tree/master/examples. They should be installed, and are runnable like:
python -m pygame.examples.aliens
Below are unofficial tutorials and guides. Anything with wrong install instructions is not allowed.
- Tutorials by DR0ID
- PyGame object oriented tutorials by przemo_li
- Thepythongamebook tutorial about Pygame
- Discover Python & Pattern - Create a game with Pygame and Design Patterns
- A complete Pygame Tutorial - Game Creation
Pygame Tutorials on Specific Topics¶
- Python Platformer Tutorial
- Improving Performance in Pygame
- Screencasts and tutorials at Scriptedfun, making an arkanoid type game
- A tutorial on making a top-down tile-based game
- PyGame Physics Youtube Tutorials by maaack
- YouTube series creating a top down racing game with Python 3
- Pygame - scrolling background
Books with Pygame Tutorials¶
- James Payne's Python for Teenagers features two chapters on how to work in Pygame to make simple games
- Introdução a Programação de Jogos usando PyGame (Introduction to Game Development using PyGame). This covers the basics and the final target is a good side-scrolling game.
- Sur Wikibooks, Traduction complï¿½te des tutoriels officiels de Pete Shinners.
- Python Game Programming (Greek) - A free Pygame book for Greek audiences. Introduces programming in a fun way. No previous experience required.