pymunk - 1.0.0
Pymunk is a easy-to-use pythonic 2d physics library that can be used whenever you need 2d rigid body physics from Python. It is built on top of the very capable 2d physics library Chipmunk.
pymunk is a easy-to-use pythonic 2d physics library that can be used whenever you need 2d rigid body physics from Python. It is built on top of the very nice 2d physics library Chipmunk, http://chipmunk-physics.net/pymunk vision
Make 2d physics easy to include in your game
It is (or striving to be):
- Easy to use It should be easy to use, no complicated stuff should be needed to add physics to your game/program.
- "Pythonic" It should not be visible that a c-library (chipmunk) is in the bottom, it should feel like a python library (no strange naming, OO, no memory handling and more)
- Simple to build & install You shouldnt need to have a zillion of libraries installed to make it install, or do a lot of command line trixs.
- Multiplatform Should work on both windows, nix and OSX.
- Non-intrusive It should not put restrictions on how you structure your program and not force you to use a special game loop, it should be possible to use with other libraries like pygame and pyglet.
Please check its homepage at pymunk.org for full details of the library
Pygame.org account Comments
Viblo 2011-05-03 10:56:54
If you are using pymunk you might be happy to hear that a new (major) release of pymunk is coming soon. In case you have some time over during the next couple of days, please give the latest svn version of pymunk a try and give me some comments on how it feels. Check this post I made on the chipmunk forums for a little more details: http://www.slembcke.net/forums...
renesd 2011-05-03 14:24:50
on apple python I get an error...
OSError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/pymunk/libchipmunk.dylib, 6): image not found
Viblo 2011-05-08 06:13:38
Problem is that I don't ship the libchipmunk.dylib file with pymunk. Therefor you have to compile it yourself, with the build_chipmunk command (and after that you might need to rerun the install):
>python setup.py build_chipmunk
Right now I only have a MS Vista laptop, together with a Win Server 2008 machine at work, so Im only able to copmile Chipmunk on Windows and Linux, meaning I can include a .dll for windows, and a .so file for 32bit linux. (Linux running in virtual box VM, unfortunately its not possible to run OSX hosted as a VM in a good way because of Apples restrictions).
I wonder if you got an error message with roughly this explanation when it failed? I think I have some code for it, but it would be good to hear if it works in practive, and if/how I can improve it to make it more obvious for users?
Fla5h 2013-03-14 23:37:32
I'm having trouble rotating my circle while moving it with the keys. Can someone please help?