pymunk - 0.8.4
Victor Blomqvist (viblo)
pymunk is a easy-to-use pythonic 2d physics library that can be used whenever you need 2d rigid body physics from Python. It is built on top of the very nice 2d physics library Chipmunk, http://chipmunk-physics.net/
Make 2d physics easy to include in your game
It is (or striving to be):
- Easy to use It should be easy to use, no complicated stuff should be needed to add physics to your game/program.
- "Pythonic" It should not be visible that a c-library (chipmunk) is in the bottom, it should feel like a python library (no strange naming, OO, no memory handling and more)
- Simple to build & install You shouldnt need to have a zillion of libraries installed to make it install, or do a lot of command line trixs.
- Multiplatform Should work on both windows, nix and OSX.
- Non-intrusive It should not put restrictions on how you structure your program and not force you to use a special game loop, it should be possible to use with other libraries like pygame and pyglet.
Please check its homepage at pymunk.org for full details of the library
Changes from the previous release:
- Fixed float infinity issue which made pymunk not work on python 2.5.
If you experience any problem with the windows installer, please try the msi installers (one for py2.5 and one for py2.6). You can find download links on the homepage.
click to view original size
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.
pygame.org welcomes all python game, art, music, sound, video and multimedia projects. If they use pygame or not.
Nov 13, 2014
Nov 11, 2014
Nov 10, 2014
Nov 9, 2014
Nov 6, 2014
Nov 4, 2014
Nov 3, 2014
Oct 28, 2014
Oct 21, 2014
Oct 16, 2014