pug - 0.9.1
Ivan DelSol (sunspider)
A 2d game building environment. Featuring:
* wx based game-builder gui
* automatic code generation
* real-time game object manipulation
The main pug example project is PIG, a 2d game building environment using python. To try it, go into the Pig_Demo folder and run edit_project.py
* Python 2.5 (http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.4/)
* wxPython (http://www.wxpython.org/download.php)
* pygame 1.9.1 for Python 2.5 (http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml)
* PyOpenGL (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyopengl/)
* Numeric (available in downloads) OR numpy (http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.5.1/)
* Opioid2D (available in downloads) For Mac and linux, use the .gz source package, which has a few requirements that aren't obvious: build-essential, python-dev, libgl1-mesa-dev, and swig.
Python Universal GUI automatically creates GUI windows for python objects. These windows allow you to view and alter your objects at runtime, as well as save and load their states. Pug uses wxWidgets to automatically generate GUIs for program objects. It can be used as a testing platform and can also be adapted as an editor.
* pug: this is the GUI generator
* pig: Python Inventor Gizmo. This is a 2D game builder based on pug.
* Pig_Demo: an example project using pig. Requires pig and pug. Run edit_project.py to try it. This is meant to be used with the Quick Start guide available in downloads.
Lots more new features and clean up: *drag-to-scale and drag-to-rotate *built in code editor *built in shell *midi components *joystick components *more!
Pygame.org account Comments
If you wish to leave a comment with your pygame.org account, please sign in first.